The Association of Community College Trustees exists to:
Enhance the image and foster greater public appreciation of community colleges and their governing boards.
Support community college boards in their efforts to govern and develop policies that focus on meeting community needs.
Help build community college board leadership and advocacy capacity through education and training programs.
Assist community college boards in the recruitment, selection and retention of chief executive officers of the highest caliber.
Facts About ACCT's Membership:
- 650 state, district and local boards
- 6,000 individual trustees
- 1,200 community, technical and junior colleges
- Serving more than 11.6 million students annually
- Governance over combined college annual operating revenues in excess of $31 billion and almost 600,000 employees