ACCT is currently seeking candidates to fill the following positions:
- Board Services Associate
- Research and Curriculum Specialist
Scroll down for position descriptions and application instructions.
# # #
BOARD SERVICES ASSOCIATE
The Association of Community College Trustees (ACCT) is comprised of over 520 governing boards, and over 6,500 trustees who govern public and private community, technical and junior colleges across the U.S. and abroad. For more information about ACCT go to www.acct.org.
This position will report to the Vice President of Education, Research and Board Services in the fulfillment of the Association’s mission and goals primarily in the day-to-day operations including but not limited to:
- Support projects and research including preparation of presentation and training materials
- Assist with logistics and arrangements for travel, meetings, workshops and conferences for the vice president
- Preparation of correspondence and work plans
- Preparation of budgets
- Processing of departmental accounts payables and receivables
- Provide support for projects
- Conduct Internet research
- Maintain records on projects
- Maintain electronic library of sample documents
- Travel required
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to establish priorities, meet tight deadlines, with superior organizational skills and close attention to details
- Exceptional people management and communications skills (written and verbal)
- Can work independently, coordinate projects and make sound judgment
- Demonstrate initiative, drive, creativity, and a collaborate working style
- Possess excellent customer service skills and professional telephone and office etiquette
- Ability to proofread, edit and attention to detail
- Proficiency in word processing, meeting planning software, data management (Access and Excel), PowerPoint and working with Microsoft Outlook.
Bachelor’s degree required. Two years of project management experience. Must past criminal background check.
ACCT offers competitive salary and comprehensive benefits in a smaller office environment. Please forward letter of interest, resume and writing samples to: email@example.com. Must pass criminal, credit and professional references background check.
# # #
RESEARCH AND CURRICULUM SPECIALIST
The Research and Curriculum Specialist will report directly to the Vice President, Research, Education and Board Leadership Services and will assist in conducting primary research and develop curriculum based on ACCT's board services including retreats, workshops, governance leadership institutes and online services. This is a grant funded position and will be contingent upon the continuation of grant funding.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in coordinating research projects and curriculum development
- Designing surveys
- Developing project protocols
- Gathering of data
- Reviewing literature
- Extensive writing and investigative work
- Assisting with grant and report writing
- Developing partnerships with other organizations and universities
- Other duties as assigned
- Research experience
- Superior organizational and writing skills
- Exceptional people management and communications skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Can work independently
- Effective negotiator, problem solver and decision maker
Master’s Degree required, doctorate preferred. Association or higher education experience a plus. Excellent oral and written communication skills. ACCT offers competitive salary and comprehensive benefits in a smaller office environment. Please forward letter of interest, resume and writing samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Must pass criminal, credit and professional references background check.
# # #