Apply for ACCT Awards
Nominations for the 2016 ACCT Awards is now closed. If you have any questions or would like further information, contact email@example.com.
Who May Nominate
Regional Award nominations may be made by a two-year post-secondary institution board, a state board for community colleges, a board of a state trustee association, or a university board of regents that control the two-year post-secondary institutions in that state. All boards submitting nominations must be ACCT members.
Each awards committee is composed of trustees and presidents from states throughout the region. ACCT’s Regional Chair serves as committee chair. (For a nomination to be considered from an awards committee member’s college, the member will not be permitted to vote for the respective award.)
How to Submit Your Nomination
Online – You are encouraged to submit your nomination online or by e-mail. Within 3-business days you should receive an e-mail reply from ACCT. Contact ACCT if you do NOT receive a reply within 3-business days of submission. E-mails must be received by midnight on the deadline to be considered.
By Mail – Nominations will also be accepted via the mail (return receipt requested). Mail nomination to – ACCT Awards Department, 1101 17th Street, NW, Suite 300, Washington, DC 20036. Materials must be received by close of business on the deadline to be considered.
Procedure for Submitting Nominations
In order for a nomination to be considered, this procedure must be followed and listed materials must be submitted:
- A cover letter from the board outlining board support must accompany the nomination.
- Materials accompanying the cover letter must not be more than five pages long, for a total nomination packet of six pages (8.5” x 11” paper).
- Answer the questions under the “Criteria” in the order listed. At least one paragraph covering each question is required. (Criteria can be found for each Award here.)
- A nominee’s resume of no more than two pages may accompany the official nomination (not required); however, a resume will be considered part of the six-page total. (Does not apply to Equity Award).
- A narrative statement, not to exceed 150 words, explaining the nominees qualifications and suitable for use in scripted introductions.
- Only the first complete set of nomination materials received for a nominee will be forwarded to the committee.
- Only one nomination (nominee) per category will be accepted from any institution board.
For questions or assistance in completing your nomination, contact Jee Hang Lee at 202.775.4450 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.