2022 Community College Month Sample Board Resolutions
Pass a resolution & let the community know!
A note from Phil Linfante, Chair of Warren County Community College and the New Jersey Council of County Colleges.
In 2019, we successfully challenged all 19 community colleges in the state of New Jersey to declare April Community College month through a resolution approved by the Board of Trustees.
Attached is a resolution passed by Warren County Community College last year and passed by the Warren County Board of Chosen Freeholders to celebrate the month.
A board resolution is a great way for your college to receive positive press and recognition. The resolution can also be sent to your local municipalities to be passed by their governing bodies.
We, at NJCCC, are working with the Assembly, Senate, and Governor’s office for them to declare April, Community College Month.
Some suggestions for implementation:
- Pass a resolution at your March or April board of trustees meeting
- Send the resolution to your governing bodies/freeholders and local municipalities to pass at their meeting (Sample letter to governing bodies is attached)
- Arrange for a representation of students or staff of your college to attend the meeting.
- Host a community college “Open House” Week during April and invite all federal, state, county and elected officials representing your county college to visit the college. (Sample Congressional Visit Toolkit is included in the Community College Month Toolkit. This can be used as a guide to plan any visits to your campus(es).)
- Let’s make the month of April, a showcase month for our community college sector.