OPENING JANUARY 2018!!
If your college has instituted new programs, practices and/or policies that expand the knowledge base, that will challenge and inspire, we encourage you to submit a proposal to present a session at the 2018 ACCT Leadership Congress.
ACCT Leadership Congress Tracks
- Addressing Workforce Needs, Combating Poverty, Promoting Diversity and Assuring Safety
- New Pathways to Student Success
- Partnerships and Collaborations
- Artificial Intelligence and Robotics
Benefits of Presenting
- Play an important role in promoting and advancing the contributions of community colleges at the largest national gathering of governing boards, presidents, chancellors and leaders from throughout the country.
- Receive recognition for your college/district and community by highlighting programs representing best practices.
- Share your expertise and innovative approaches with fellow trustees.
Types of Sessions
- Concurrent Sessions - Traditional 60-minute presentations that highlight successful programs, policies and innovative programs.
- Roundtable Discussions - Designedto facilitate interactive conversations among participants on targeted issues.
- *New* Explorative Format - One-hour sessions afford a personal and interactive setting to explore, exchange, and discuss what works.
*NEW PROGRAM LEARNING LEVELS*
To provide a well-balanced program, we have established new program learning levels that will help you identify the level of learning that is the most relevant and beneficial to you.
Foundational - Presentations that introduce new concepts and general understanding of the topic.
Applied - Presentations that provide material and opportunities to gain new knowledge, practical applications and applied information.
Strategic - Presentations detailing training on specific topics with opportunities to be fully engaged with materials and activities, and to demonstrate a mastery of content.
Guidelines for Submission
- Demonstrate relevance of the session topic to the 2018 Congress theme: Partnerships: Building Blocks for Student Success.
- Include trustees among presenters
- ALL presenters must be registered for the Congress
- Sessions must be approximately 60 minutes in length.
- Proposal must include a letter of support from the college.
SPECIAL NOTE: PRESENTERS SHOULD BE RESPECTFUL OF ATTENDEES WHO MAY NOT SHARE THE SAME OPINIONS AND EXPERIENCES, AND TO THE EXTENT PRACTICAL, ENDEAVER TO PROVIDE CONTENT IN A MANNER THAT FOSTERS ENHANCED UNDERSTANDING AND MUTUAL RESPECT.