ACCT Board Committees
The ACCT Board of Directors is informed by the following committees, each of which represents the voices of ACCT member trustees throughout the world:
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee
- Finance and Audit Committee
- Governance and Bylaws Committee
- Member Communications and Education Committee
- Public Policy and Advocacy Committee
Board committees are finalized and new members are announced by December 1st of each year. Committees meet in person twice each year at the Community College National Legislative Summit and the Annual Leadership Congress. Committee business may also be done electronically as needed.
ACCT Board Policy states that the ACCT Chair will appoint committees. In making appointments, the chair will consider regional representation, gender, and diversity. Each committee chair shall be a member of the board of directors.
Members may be appointed to a committee under the following conditions:
- They shall be selected from voting members.
- They may serve three consecutive one-year terms per committee.
- No more than one associate member from a college shall serve on any one board committee.
- All related expenses are the responsibility of their college.
- They have full voting rights.
- They shall have a letter of nomination from their board supporting the appointment to an ACCT committee