Director of Government Relations
The Association of Community College Trustees (ACCT) is comprised of over 550 governing boards, and over 6,000 trustees who govern public and private community, technical and junior colleges across the U.S. and abroad. The ACCT Office of Public Policy is responsible for representing the nation’s community college trustees before the United States Congress, federal government and its representatives and agencies, and other peer associations based in the nation’s capital.
This position will report directly to the Senior Vice President. Responsibility to support the day-to-day efforts on Capitol Hill and federal agencies, work with peer associations, and to collaborate with the entire staff in fulfillment of the Association’s mission and goals including:
- Support lobbying efforts on behalf of the Association
- Act as a liaison to governmental and non-governmental organization, and Association board committees
- Help support the planning and administration of the annual National Legislative Summit
- Develop and oversee distribution of a variety of information materials, including public policy positions, testimony, speeches, and other presentations
- Conduct policy research and issues analysis
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, government or related field with at least 5 years related experience in legislative affairs as legislative aide, lobbyist, analyst, or staff for a government agency.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have ability to exercise sound judgment, initiative and maintain strict confidentiality.
- Must have the ability to work as a team member and able to deal effectively and courteously with supervisor, peers, and governmental agencies and their representatives.
- Must be familiar with and interested in working with elected and appointed college governing boards that represent their communities.
ACCT offers competitive salary and comprehensive benefits in a smaller office environment.
Please forward letter of interest, resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org, attention Office Manager. No phone calls please.