The Association of Community College Trustees exists to:
- Enhance the image and foster greater public appreciation of community colleges and their governing boards.
- Support community college boards in their efforts to govern and develop policies that focus on meeting community needs.
- Help build community college board leadership and advocacy capacity through education and training programs.
- Assist community college boards in the recruitment, selection and retention of chief executive officers of the highest caliber.
ACCT Board of Directors
The ACCT Board of Directors represents community college trustees throughout ACCT's membership territory, which currently includes the United States and several outlying territories, as well as some Canadian provinces. ACCT's membership territory is divided into five regions (Central, Northeast, Pacific, Southern, and Western).
If you would like more information on joining the Board of Directors, please see the most recent issue of The Advisor.
For questions, please contact Karen Lomax.
The ACCT Board of Directors is informed by the following committees, each of which represents the voices of ACCT member trustees throughout the world:
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee
- Finance and Audit Committee
- Governance and Bylaws Committee
- Member Communications and Education Committee
- Public Policy and Advocacy Committee
- Nominating Committee
- State, Province, and Territory Coordinators Network
- Student Trustee Advisory Committee (NEW)
Committees for 2018-2019 will be formed before the first of the year. Member trustees are asked to indicate their interest in serving as associate committee members for a one-year term by September 1, 2018. ACCT Board Policy states that the ACCT Chair will appoint committees. In making appointments, the chair will consider regional representation, gender, and diversity. Each committee chair shall be a member of the board of directors.
Associate members may be appointed to a committee under the following conditions:
- They shall be selected from voting members.
- They may serve three consecutive one-year terms per committee.
- No more than one associate member from a college shall serve on any one board committee.
- All related expenses are the responsibility of their college.
- They have full voting rights.
- They shall have a letter of nomination from their board supporting the appointment to an ACCT committee