ACCT experts deliver customized training, consulting, evaluations, and other support on a key governance issues and processes, including:
Board and executive roles and responsibilities
President/CEO onboarding and performance measurement
Effective board/CEO relationships
How We Can Help
ACCT experts provide targeted consulting and advisory services to help boards of trustees address the following:
- Successful onboarding of a new president/CEO or board chair
- Clarifying board, chair, and presidential/CEO roles and responsibilities in governance
- Establishing and maintaining an effective relationship between the board and president/CEO
- Developing, implementing, and following effective board procedures and policies
- Periodic review and updating of board policies
- Adapting to external policy and structural changes, e.g., shifts in board appointing authority
- Managing conflict and fostering respectful debate
- Real-time troubleshooting of emergent governance issues and challenges
ACCT’s diverse pool of consultants are higher education leaders with deep governance expertise, and an array of backgrounds, perspectives, and experience. Consultants are skilled listeners and thought partners, meeting boards where they are at, ascertaining institutional needs, and customizing their services and advice to the context and circumstances of the engagement.
Consultants engage primarily with the board chair and/or college president/CEO, however, there may be broader or targeted engagement depending on the project scope.